Wednesday, February 2, 2011

~Homeschooling Pros Outweigh the Cons~


                   My Homeschooling Story

My parents decided to home school the four of us kids when I was just about to go into second grade. I was in a good christian school but it got way too expensive just to keep me in. For a long time I hated the idea of staying home all day with no friends, no recess, and having my mom as my teacher. I'm a social butterfly so I like to be around my friends all the time, but I couldn`t because I was homeschooling. I was upset about it for years, but things started to change and I got more used to it. I started to get more involved in my youth group and I started to play sports. All the activities I was involved in were taking up alot of my time. I realized that if I went to school I probably would`t be able to participate in any of these activities or get involved in my church as much as I was. I made alot of friends at my church and on my volleyball team so I got my social life back. :) Once I got into high school it got harder to keep track of all my school work and finish it all by the end of the year. So this year my family started taking home school classes!!! I`ve been wanting to take them for a long time and I finally got the chance! We go to my church once a week and I take four of my subjects there. The teachers give us some homework but it usually only takes me a day to do each subject. It`s made my life so much more organized and less stressful. I still play sports, play in my youth groups band, act in plays, and still have time to complete all the subjects that I would have to work on in school. :)

Here`s a cute little video about a home school family :)

                                 Benefits For Your Family

I gave you my story so now its time for me to give a few reasons to consider homeschooling. :) 
1-Your kids won't have to be around peer pressure as much.
There are so many temptations at school that you just might not want your kids around.
2-You could have more time to do fun stuff.
Once you get the hang of homeschooling, you can take field trips with your kids or put them in sports or have them go try out for a play. Find out what their interests are and let them know that they can try new things.
3-You don`t have to get up at 5a.m. and wait for the bus in 20 degree weather. :)
4-Your kids can get a better education.
The great thing about homeschooling is that you can choose the curriculum that you want to use. You can move your kids ahead if their work is just too easy or they can even move on to college courses. :)
5-NO HOMEWORK AFTER SCHOOL HOURS!!!
While most kids will be just getting home and starting their homework, your kids will be going out for sports or having fun. :)
I am limited on information but I encourage you to look more into homeschooling. Search on google! Here's a great link...http://www.buzzle.com/articles/homeschooling-statistics.html :)

No comments:

Post a Comment