Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Things to Look for in a Husband

Have you ever thought who your future husband is gonna be? Of course, this post doesn't apply to guys unless you just want to read this post for the fun of it. Haha! Anyway, who do think it will be? Is it someone you've known your whole life? Someone you just met? Or someone that you don't even know exits?  We don't know who it is or who it will be so all we do right now is wait. Right? Well you don't have to JUST wait. You can make a list of things that you want in a guy. It will help you chose the right one when the time comes. :)

Here are the top 5 things that I would look for in a guy!


1. He has to be a Christian.


If he is not a Christian and doesn't have any relationship with Jesus, I can't even consider him. It's not just an opinion I have, it's something I'm supposed to do. It a Christian and a non-christian get married in could drag the Christian down and even destroy the marriage. Plus the Bible clearly tells ALL Christians NOT to marry non-Christians.

2. He has to have a love for music!


Music is a HUGE part of my life! I love to sing, play the keyboard, and pretend I know how to play the drums! :) If I could, I would have music playing ALL the time! I need someone who can share the same love for music that I have!

3. He needs to get along with my friends and family.


Anyone who does not respect my family and friends are immediately eliminated from my list. If he didn't get along with your family when you were dating do you really think things will change when you get married. Probably not! You need to find someone who gets along with people who are the closest to you. :)

4. He has to respect me.


Any guy who doesn't respect you deserves to be dumped in the garbage! Don't let him order you around and tell you what to do. You may say "but he always says sorry and treats me so nice afterwards because he feels so bad." SOOOOOO!!!! If he says sorry and does it again it means NOTHING! Dump that sucker! I need a guy who respects me and I will also respect him.

5. Looks (Of course)


No, I'm not shallow! I don't really like a guy because of his looks. Looks are just one thing that make you like him more. If you're not attracted to a guy then it's probably not a good idea to date him. You just won't look at him as a boy friend just more as a friend. Don't fell bad. He will find someone else who thinks he looks better than Brad Pitt(maybe)! ;)

So that was my example of a list of things to look for in a husband. Make one of your own! It's not that hard and it will help you in the future! :)

7 comments:

  1. Music is awesome.... In music the passions enjoy themselves- Friedrich Nietzsche

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Ashley is the only girl that actually said looks on her list so far

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! A girl has to care about looks...haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha that is funny you're the only one who said looks :) But there's also the side that you don't want a guy who is and KNOWS he is attractive, because he will have an ego and other girls will like him so that's just never good... ;) Great Job Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Ashley, it won't work out too well if you're not attracted to him inside and out haha you might want to specify what kind of music he likes because you might end up with some guy who's really into bluegrass or something :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that's a good point anna leigh! I also don't want some emo guy either lol

    ReplyDelete